Get A Quote

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions. If your question is not answered here, feel free to contact us or call us at 763- 537-4311 and we will be happy to help you.

How can I get a quote for auto insurance?
Call Prokop Insurance today at 763- 537-4311.

What is an SR-22?
SR-22 is a form that shows that you have auto insurance. It’s the State’s way of making sure that you maintain liability insurance. It is required by the state for drivers who are high risk. Here are some of the reasons a state might require you to file an SR-22 form:

  • DUI (drunk driving)
  • serious moving violations such as reckless driving
  • racking up a lot of highway points in a short period of time
  • being pegged as a habitual traffic offender
  • causing an accident while uninsured.

Where can I get motorcycle insurance?
Do you have a Crotch Rocket, Harley or Tour Bike? We have a plan for you contact us or call us today for more information.

I Need my license back. Can you help?
We many options. If the big named companies have turned you down you have come to the right company. That won’t be a problem with Prokop Insurance.

What should I do if I just had an auto accident?
You should inform your insurance company right away. Make sure you’ve gotten a copy of the police report and the other party’s (or parties’) insurance information. Remember, just because you inform your insurer of an accident doesn’t mean you’re making a claim.

Which coverages pay for damages to my vehicle?
Depending on what kind of damage your car suffers, one of your physical damage coverages — comprehensive or collision insurance — will pay for the damages.
If your car is hit by a deer or other animal, stolen, catches on fire, or is vandalized, your comprehensive coverage will kick in. If you crash into something and crunch your car, your collision coverage will kick in.
Both of these coverages are optional and, of course, adding them to your policy will raise your insurance premium.

Can I get home owners insurance for standard or high risk?
We have options to handle preferred, standard, specialty, and high risk Homeowners insurance. We can do older homes, losses, out of state landlord, course of construction, vacancies and more! Call us today at 763- 537-4311.

What if I have to many tickets or accidents?
We have more than 20 companies to consider taking you on. If the big named companies have turned you down; you have come to the right company. That won’t be a problem with Prokop Insurance.

Do I need to purchase insurance before I buy a new car?
If this is your first car, yes, you’ll have to buy auto insurance before you drive your shiny new car off the dealer’s lot.
However, if you already have an auto policy, that will generally cover your new automobile for a period of up to 30 days after you buy it. Once that 30-day period is up, you’ll have to talk with your insurance company to insure that new vehicle.

What can I do to protect myself against uninsured drivers?
Purchasing uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage can protect you against uninsured drivers. In many states, UM coverage is required by law.
UM coverage will pay for medical bills and pain and suffering if you are hit by an uninsured driver. In some states, UM property-damage coverage is available. If your car is crunched by an uninsured driver and you have UM property-damage coverage, you’ll be able to get your car fixed under this coverage, rather than using your collision coverage.
Generally speaking, UM property-damage coverage carries a lower deductible than collision coverage.