Prokop Insurance, your trusted source for box truck insurance in Minneapolis /St. Paul and Minnesota. We offer Progressive Insurance and several other providers as options as a full-service independent agent. Our goal is to get you the best rate and coverage. Contact us now for a no obligation quote.
We understand that your box truck is vital to your business, and we are here to help you protect it. Our team of experienced agents is dedicated to providing top-quality coverage at competitive prices, and we strive to make the insurance buying process as easy and hassle-free as possible.
Our Box Truck Insurance Coverage
Prokop Insurance offers a wide range of box truck insurance coverage options to fit your unique needs. Some of the coverage options we offer include:
- Liability Coverage: This coverage protects you in the event that you cause an accident that results in property damage or bodily injury to another person.
- Physical Damage Coverage: This coverage pays for damages to your box truck in the event of a collision, regardless of who is at fault.
- Cargo Coverage: This coverage protects your cargo against damage or loss from covered events such as theft, fire, or natural disasters.
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance: This coverage provides protection for the goods you are transporting against damage or loss.
Box Truck Licensing Requirements in Minnesota
In order to operate a box truck in Minnesota, you must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) if your truck has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more or if you are transporting hazardous materials. Additionally, you must obtain a USDOT number from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) if your truck meets certain criteria, such as a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more.
In addition to licensing requirements, there are other things to consider when getting box truck insurance. These include:
- Your driving history.
- The type of cargo you will be hauling.
- The number of miles you will be driving each year.
- The value of your box truck.
Other Requirements to Consider
When it comes to box truck insurance, there are a few other requirements you should consider. For example, you may be required to carry a certain amount of liability coverage in order to meet state and federal regulations. Additionally, you may need to purchase additional coverage depending on the type of cargo you are transporting.
We also offer a variety of other coverage options, such as:
- Bobtail coverage covers your box truck when not attached to a trailer.
- Non-owned/hired auto coverage: This covers you if you are driving someone else’s box truck.
- Collision forgiveness: This can help you save money on your premiums if you have an accident.
- e also offer a variety of other coverage options, including:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This protects you in the event of an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Medical payments coverage: This pays for medical expenses for people injured in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Rental car reimbursement: This pays for a rental car if your box truck is inoperable due to an accident or other covered loss.
Get a Quote Today
If you’re in need of box truck insurance coverage, don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free quote. Our team is standing by to help you find the right coverage at the right price and can answer any questions you may have about licensing and other requirements.