Prokop Insurance Agency is your best choice for home insurance in Plymouth, Minnesota. We recognize the uniqueness of every home and acknowledge that your home is a valuable asset. This is why, securing it with suitable home insurance is crucial. That’s why we offer a variety of home insurance policies to fit your needs and budget. We can help you protect your home from fire, theft, windstorm damage, and more.
We also offer a variety of optional coverages, such as flood insurance, insurance, and identity theft protection. So you can be sure you have the coverage you need to protect your home and your family.
We offer insurance from Nationwide, Progressive, Chubb, Hartford, Stillwater, Foremost, Bristol West, Dairyland, Main Street America, , Encompass,, Universal Property, Next, Hiscox, CNA, and more.
We know that choosing home insurance can be a daunting task. That’s why we’re here to help. Our team of experienced agents can answer your questions and help you find the perfect policy for your needs.
We also offer a variety of discounts, such as discounts for:
- New homes
- Homeowners with security systems
- Homeowners who have taken home safety courses
- Homeowners who have multiple policies with us
Contact us today to get started on your home insurance quote.
Protect your high-value home from fire, theft, windstorm damage, and more.
Choose from a variety of optional coverages, such as flood insurance, earthquake insurance, and identity theft protection.
Work with an experienced agent who can answer your questions and help you find the perfect policy for your needs.
Receive discounts for new homes, homeowners with security systems, and homeowners who have taken home safety courses.
“You know how they always say “you never stray too far from a good thing”? Well, that’s what I know about Prokop Insurance. Robert always gets me great rates and educates me on all the options so I know I’m getting the best coverage and protection my money can buy! If you need insurance, or your current provider is raising your rates too much or you just want to know you’re getting the best for your money… Call Prokop Insurance, you won’t be disappointed!!” – Edge via Google
Some of the top insurance concerns for homes valued at $500,000 or more would be:
- Replacement cost coverage. With a higher value home, it is important to have a policy that provides coverage for the full replacement cost, not just the market value. If there is a total loss, the replacement cost coverage will pay to rebuild a comparable home. Market value coverage may not be enough.
- Higher liability limits. There is a greater chance of lawsuits for higher value homes. It is a good idea to increase liability coverage limits, especially for personal liability and medical coverage. $500,000 per occurrence and $1 million aggregate are common recommendations.
- Umbrella policy. An umbrella insurance policy provides additional liability coverage over and above the standard homeowners policy. It also helps protect assets. With an expensive home, an umbrella policy is highly recommended.
- Jewelry and Collections coverage. Many high-value homes will have expensive jewelry, art, antiques, and other collectibles. Standard homeowners insurance provides minimal coverage for these items. Separate riders or stand-alone policies may be needed to insure them properly.
- Mold, water damage, and roof coverage. Expensive homes also mean higher costs for potential mold removal, water damage repairs, or roof replacement. Some homeowners policies may exclude or limit coverage for certain types of water damage or mold-related claims. Additional coverage may be worth considering.
- Numerous claims. If there have been multiple insurance claims for a home in the past, especially claims that are $20,000 or more, standard insurance companies may drop the coverage or not offer renewal. High-value homeowners may need to shop for policies with companies that specialize in or cater to multiple-claim properties.
- Rental and secondary homes. Owners of high-value primary homes often also own secondary vacation homes, rentals, and investment properties. Proper coverage and limits are needed for these additional dwellings as well. Coordinating coverage across multiple policies and ensuring adequate limits can be more complex.
- Named peril vs Open peril The 12 named perils in the state of Minnesota are: Fire Lightning Windstorm Hail Explosion Riot Civil commotion Aircraft Vehicles Smoke Vandalism Theft These perils are covered by the basic homeowners insurance policy in Minnesota. If you have a loss due to one of these perils, your insurance company will pay for the damage, up to the limits of your policy.
Home insurance can be a confusing and complex subject for many homeowners. With so many different coverage options and policy features to consider, it can be difficult to know where to start when shopping for insurance. Fortunately, the pros at Prokop Insurance are here to help.
With years of experience in the industry, they have the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the world of home insurance and find the coverage that’s right for you. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned homeowner, Prokop Insurance can provide you with a free quote and help you secure peace of mind with the right insurance coverage. Contact us today to learn more.